Once you’re familiar with the process of adding or removing applications from your phone using the the App Store, the next step is to locate an application that can play an audio stream on your phone. The best application we have found for this is the free version of “Tunein Radio“.
Simply search for “Tunein” in the App Store (make sure you find the free version, as there’s also a pay-version which you can upgrade to if you like the free version). Once you’ve found the free version, select and install it according to the instructions given on the screen.
Once Tunein Radio is installed, simply search for “channel runner” then once it’s found, hit the play button.
If you choose to set up a Tunein account, you can store favourite stations, which is handy if you use Tunein on more than one device, as the favourites are associated with your account. Tunein works on just about every mobile device.
Another option – “Fstream”
Here’s a guide to tuning in to the stream using another free app called ‘Fstream’:
- Go along to the App Store on your iPhone/Touch and do a search for ‘Fstream’ application:
- Tap on the Fstream app shown in the search result, then click on the ‘Free’ button to download and install the app:
- The app should now appear on one of your app pages. Tap it to fire it up:
- Now, the Fstream app should fire up as shown below. But, you’re not quite there yet. Now, we need to ‘tune it in’ to the Channel Runner stream.
- Hit the ‘Favorites icon on the bar along the bottom of the screen:
- Hit the ‘Edit’ button:
- Hit the ‘+’ symbol to add a new station:
- Hit the name and name URL fields and enter the following information:
- Name : Channel Runner
- URL: http://www.channelrunner.org/stream.m3u
- Hit the ‘Save’button and then the ‘Done’ button on the screen shown below:
- Tap the ‘Play’ icon at the bottom of the screen, and you should now see Channel Runner in the main player screen:
- Finally, tap on the ‘Channel Runner’ title, and you should start to hear the stream (and the see the status change to ‘Listening’). Congratulations, you’re on the stream!